It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: SBC Daily Driver Engine
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:08 am 

I have a problem understanding what is the best street performance heads. SBC has so many options, and it seems everyone has a different opinion.
My question is, I have a 30 over 350, Air Gap intake, 670 street avenger, ( the jury is still out here on the 670 ) headers, competion flat tappet cam 264 dur. I beleive, anyway I had the motor built, no matter what could not get it to stop pinging, finally I beleive it broke the wiper ring, now it has so much block preasure it blows the breathers off. So here I am starting at scratch again. I have a set of 882 heads on it, I also have a man that says he can do wonders with these heads ??? I found a set of 113 Corvette alum. angle plug heads, now I am hearing I cant get the intake and headers to match these ??? then I found a set of AFR heads with the 202 valves, but I dont want to loose the bottom end torque, I would like to have the motor pull around 350 to 400 HP and be right off idle to 5,500 RPM range, and run on pump gas...so Mike please give me your opinion on what is the best set up to achive this, vortec head ? modded 882 ? or the AFR and any other changes or mods that can be done at a reasonable cost.

Post subject: Re: SBC Daily Driver Engine
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:55 am 

The AFR's will be your best bet if they are in the 190cc to 195ccrange. Any bigger and you might be better off choosing something else. Dont waste your money on the 882's. invest in a set of Edelbrock E-street heads. They will support 400hp at a very reasonable cost. Your intake and headers will bolt right up and you can motor on down the road.